Saturday 4 July 2015

My Fitness Pal Saved My Macros (no way that can be made funny)

My Fitness Pal. Youre either gonna love it, or nothing it.

You do need to be quite on top of yourself to actively remember to log all your food and snacks and whatever, but trust me, it helps HEAPS.

Its surprising when you start Keto or any Low Carb diet, to find out where all these hidden carbs are. I used to do the Slimming World Green Diet, and for this reason I did find it quite hard to wrap my head around the whole no carb thing - on Slimming World, all carbs are free and you limit your fats. I did well on it too, getting down to 140lb, but maaaaan was that hard to keep up. I dont think Im biologically designed to be that skinny. 

Anyhoo..yea, food tracking. You can set your own goal and macro goals o MFP which is super duper fricking awesome, as it is easily shown then what the chuff you have eaten and how much of what you have got left. If you also have a gizmo gadget like a FitBit, they also talk to each other which is nice, so you know how many calories you have burnt off throughout the day/exercise/etc.

I use the sexy little Pie Chart diagrammy thing to keep my butt in check; I do my best to log everything, as I seriously eat subconsciously. I eat for happy, for sad, for boredom, for fun, for whatever, I will be able to eat whenever and not even notice its passed my lips. Using MFP, I make myself log the food I am GOING to eat BEFORE I eat it, so I am consciously making a decision about food. I can then also assess in real time if I am actually wanting that food because Im hungry, or because of other reasons. I do try and have a drink of vasa when I start to feel hungry, to see if it is hunger or Im just thirsty too.

So I try and stick to 18-20g Carbs per day, which is about 5%. Then I aim for 75% to be from fat, but I like to get it up to about 80%, and the use around 15-20% for protein, but I actually dont eat that much meat. 

So... if you think youre gonna benefit from this, TRACK IT. It will help you, but like everything else, you need to want to do it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment