Saturday 4 July 2015

Keto Strawberry Cream Pops - FROZEN YUMMY

So Im back doing Keto after a scrumptious holiday to NY, and I must say, that it has been pretty easy for this week so far. However, now its the weekend, I want to eat ALL THE THINGS. I mean, I havent, and for that alone I deserve a cookie, but I am actually quite proud of myself. Today though, I went out into town and there were Ice Creams EVERYWHERE. All in my eyesight. So of course, my summery Ice Cream want kicked in, but I DIDNT CAVE. See what I mean about the proud?!

Anyways, enough waffle. I got myself some cream cheese and went home and made these bad boys!

 


Approx Per Pop:

Calories: 76.3
Fat: 7.8g
Carbs: 0.26g
Protein: 0.9g

LOOK AT THEM AND REVEL IN THEIR GLORY. I have also literally just munched on one (notice the empty slot), and I am quite excited about it all...can you tell?!

So, to make them, I did this - note, I know that there are only 6 pops here, so clearly there is a craptonne left, but do with that what you will; halve the recipe, make more pops with more moulds, stick them into ice cube trays...Ill let your minds run rampant. To the business:


YUMMY RECIPE 

8oz Cream Cheese - Room temp
1 Cup/140ml Double Cream - Fridge temp
Hartleys Sugar Free Jelly Sachet - You can also use Jell-O if you wish
Carb Free Sweetener/Splenda/White Sweet Powder stuff that you, yes you, use
Butter, 60g thereof, if you are feeling adventurous 

Cake Pop Molds and Spare Tupperware for spare and a big spoon to eat it with
Two Mixing Bowls

1. Stick the Cream Cheese and two sachets of sweetner to your first bowl. Get Mixer. Mix. Mix that cream cheese gooooood til its all whippy and soft. I also added a knob of unsalted Butter to mine (about 60g) just to make it a little more fatty to make it into a type of Fat Bomb, but thats purely up to you.

2. In your other bowl, stick your Double Cream and get to whisking. You want stiff peaks for this sexy creation, so whip away til you get that. Test by running up to beloved and holding above their head. Run away sharp like if it fails and now their hair is white.

3. Get whipped Cream Cheese and stick it into the Whipped Cream, gentle like. Fold this in with your spat-u-lar and mix til half combined. 

4. JELLY/O - Open 1 sachet of this yummy stuff and tip, with no regard, into your bowl. Carry on folding all the good stuff together until you are happy with the combindness of the mix.

5. I stuck all of the mix into the tupperware first and stuck it in the firdge to firm a little bit first, only because it was a crazy hot day for England (28c yo). If its like normal and its holding its shape, carry on to 6.

6! Molds! Get your cake pop molds and sticks and basically fill em. Fill em and then stick em together, then stick a stick up its hole. Wiggle said stick so that the rubber is 'out' so that when you pop it out, it wont stick. Now stick em in the freezer for an hour or so until they're set.

7. Wait.

8. Get excited that they are ready, go to freezer. Open freezer and unpop a pop.

9. OPEN MOUTH AND INSERT. Enjoy.

Oh, I suppose I should give you the nutritional info of these too, as I worked them out macro wise. So, for the whole batch there is:

Calories: 1832
Fat: 188g
Carbs: 6.4g
Protein: 22g

I said that there were 4 one cup sized servings in each batch, which makes each Cup:

Calories: 458
Fat: 47g
Carbs: 1.6g
Protein: 5.5g

And then I *think* that I used about a cup using the molds, so that makes for each pop roughly:

Calories: 76.3
Fat: 7.8g
Carbs: 0.26g
Protein: 0.9g


Hope that helps and well done for reading this far :D



No comments:

Post a Comment